St. Louis Condo Associations Lawyer
When you purchase a condo in St. Louis, your property will likely be under the supervision of a condo association. These entities set critical guidelines for the people who live in these buildings, which are necessary to protect resident health and safety. Unfortunately, not all owners play by the rules.
If you are part of a condo association, trust us at TdD Attorneys at Law LLC for legal assistance. Your lawyer can help you ensure compliance with your condo association rules and defend you during litigation involving a problem condo owner. Our St. Louis real estate attorneys can also draft legal documents to help you establish the entity while remaining in compliance with Missouri law.
Why Choose TdD Attorneys at Law LLC?
- With over 30 years of experience, our firm has handled all types of real estate disputes and litigation. We will advocate aggressively to achieve the best outcome in your condo association case.
- Our firm has been featured in major publications and television programs, including Forbes, the St. Louis Business Journal, and HGTV’s House Hunters.
- We are committed to finding creative resolutions for complex real estate disputes. We will work closely with you to achieve the results that you deserve.
How Do Condo Associations Work in St. Louis?
St. Louis condominium associations are legal entities guided by the Missouri Condominium Property Act. Unlike homeowners associations, condominium associations must closely follow Missouri statutes. Once the condominiums are created through a condo declaration, the covenants, conditions and restrictions, also referred to as CC&Rs, bylaws or indentures, define the maintenance and use for all of the common elements, as well as give the association the power to maintain the exterior of all of the buildings, landscape, parking, etc.
What Can a St. Louis Condo Associations Lawyer Do For You?
If you are in charge of a condo association, retaining the services of an attorney is critical. Your lawyer can play an instrumental role in resolving disputes, interpreting complex laws, and protecting your organization’s best interests.
Below are some of the roles that a condo association attorney can fill:
- Draft Important Documents: Many documents are needed to establish a condo association and maintain compliance with state, federal, and local laws. These documents can be difficult to understand, and legal requirements can be complex. Your attorney can help you interpret complex laws and draft these documents on your behalf.
- Represent You During Litigation: Your condo association may find itself embroiled in litigation with a condo owner or another party. In this situation, your attorney can represent your organization during the proceedings, helping to negotiate the best possible outcome as quickly as possible.
- Amend Documents When Needed: Sometimes, circumstances change, and your association may want to update the terms of your governing documents. Your attorney can help you make these important changes and ensure that they are in compliance with Missouri law, taking care of the process so that your board can focus on other important matters.
- Collect Assessments from Condo Owners: Many condo associations collect assessments from their owners to help pay for important services. Unfortunately, not all owners pay their assessments. Your lawyer can help you collect delinquent payments and place a lien or file a lawsuit if necessary.
Legal Services We Offer
It is important for condo trustees to ensure that they are taking the proper steps when making decisions based on the condo board’s and unit owners’ rights and responsibilities. Reach out to TdD Attorneys at Law LLC for the guidance you need.
Legal services TdD Attorneys at Law provides include:
- Forming the condominium association
- Drafting the condo association declaration
- Drafting the condo association CC&Rs or bylaws
- Amending or restating the condo association documents
- Enforcing or defending against condo association restrictions or covenants
- Collecting unpaid condominium association dues or assessments
- Dealing with a problem condo owner
- Defending an owner against a condominium association
- Advising condo associations related to foreclosures
- Advising potential buyers regarding the bylaws or indentures
Contact our condo association attorneys at (314) 276-1318 or send us an email to schedule an initial consultation.
Contact Our St. Louis Condo Associations Attorneys Today
Do you need help resolving a condo association dispute? Protect your rights by hiring a lawyer from TdD Attorneys at Law LLC. Our firm will advocate aggressively for your side of the story and help you resolve the issue in a way that meets your best interests. Contact us today to discuss your case with a St. Louis condo association attorney.